PRODUCT WEIGHT: 300 ml
If a boon can be fit in a jar, it would be called coconut oil. Coconut oil has found a special place in every household for various purposes. While the coconut oil itself is miraculous, using the oil extracted by the process of cold press makes it even richer in nutrients.
Coconut oil has a unique nourishing quality, which makes it apt for cooking and as a key ingredient in many healthcare products. Cold press technique helps the nutrients stay intact and even the molecular structure does not get compromised, making the oil healthy and beneficial for consumption or usage in any form.
- The healthy fatty acids present in cold pressed coconut oil further helps in increase in HDL or good cholesterol, which helps in reducing heart risks.
- Coconut oil is high in MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides), a type of fat that your body metabolizes differently than most other fats. MCTs are responsible for many of the health benefits of coconut oil.
- MCTs can significantly reduce appetite, which may lead to reduced body weight over the long term.
- The MCTs in coconut oil can increase blood concentration of ketone bodies, which can help reduce seizures in children with epilepsy.
- People can apply coconut oil to their skin, hair, and teeth. Studies suggest it works as a skin moisturizer, protects against skin damage, and improves oral health.
Slow Bazaar brings the best quality cold pressed coconut oil that imparts great, nutty flavour which can be a perfect ingredient for a sustainable healthy living.₹270.00₹270.00
Ghee has always been an integral part of an Indian household. From lighting ‘Diyas’ to producing natural kohl for beautiful eyes, or from making all the desserts for the festivals to simply applying it on freshly cooked roti, Ghee is considered sacred for many reasons and rightly so. The amino acid present in the milk of A2 cows is far easier to digest and healthy to consume, which makes the Ghee nutritious for the body.
Did you know that the A2 cows are also called “Desi Cows”?
Unfortunately, the natural drift of our minds towards anything western has not let us realize the potential of our own breed of cows. But times are changing so, it’s always good to be back to where it all began! The world is now sitting up to take notice of the real value of A2 Ghee.
One teaspoon of ghee in your daily diet is a must. It has a lot of health benefits like:
- Promotes digestion
- Helps in weight management
- Improves immunity
- Provides nourishment
- Helps in joint pains
Net Quantity: 1 litre
Ayurveda has given a special mention to Sarshapa or Mustard oil. Mustard oil is sourced from the seeds of the mustard plantwith better aroma, flavour and enhanced benefits.In Sushruta Samhita, mustard oil is primarily distinguished in two varieties – Sarshapa and Rajika. There are other varieties as well which are purely based on variation in colour and odour, however the most popular ones are Yellow mustard oil and Black mustard oil.
Kacchi Ghani or the cold press extraction of oil makes mustard oil even healthier than usual. Due to its high potency and sharpness in taste, mustard oil is considered to be anti-Kapha. Probably that is the reason why our dadi-nani used to ensure we applied mustard oil in palms and scalps.
Close your eyes and imagine… During the hot summer days, your Dadi-Nani used to sit in the terrace with kilos of sliced raw mango and mixed them with flavourful mustard oil and while the aroma filled the air, they dared you to touch it. It would be sealed with muslin cloth and kept soaking for a few days. With heavy heart and bated breath, you waited. Then one fine day, the jar was opened again and the room was filled with the pungent enchanting smell and you finally got to taste the delectable spicy piece of mango soaked in mustard oil and masala. Could anyone ever say no that divine piece of Achar???
- Mustard oil is sometimes used to promote skin and hair health. However, most available evidence on the benefits of mustard oil for the hair and skin is purely anecdotal.
- Mustard oil also contains ALA, an omega-3 fatty acid that may help decrease inflammation and pain.
- Mustard oil is full of MUFA (Monounsaturated fatty acids) which is essential for our health.
Buy your pack of Kacchi Ghani from Slow Bazaar and enjoy the goodness of the oil without leaving a trace of strong flavour.₹225.00₹225.00
Net Quantity: 1 Litre
Tatra taileshu madhye mukhyam tilodbhavam!
According to the fifth chapter of Ashtang Hridayam Sutrasthanam, sesame oil tops the oil segment in the liquid foods category. According to the book and the deep study by our seers, sesame oil helps in balancing the kapha or body temperature because of its heat content.
- Sesame oil is loaded with nutrition that makes it a must-have in your winter diet
- Sesame oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which may reduce the risk of developing of heart diseases.
- The sesamin and Vitamin-E in sesame oil may benefit your hair.
- It is full of anti-oxidants. Traditional Taiwanese medicine has used is to treat joint pains, toothaches, cuts and more.
Buy your pack of Sesame oil from Slow Bazaar and make some mouth-watering traditional recipes from north as well as south India. Try replacing refined oil with Sesame oil for making Gujarati Jowar kichu or South Indian Kozumbu or why not try some Chinese recipes with Sesame oil for that authentic flavour.₹399.00₹399.00